Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 4, 2011

Shine, Shine, Shine

The title of this post comes from the song which I (and a few of my friends) will be singing the solo in this years Ocean View College music extravaganza! Sounds pretty specky dont you think? The song Shine, Shine, Shine was a song in the festival of music 2008.. I'm pretty sure. For those of you who don't know what the festival of music is, it is a chior where kids from different schools, all over the country come together for 12 concerts in the most amazing kids chior ever! Unfortunetly, this is the last year I'll be able to do it because i'm in year 7 this year, and you can only participate in the concert when you are in years 5, 6 and 7. I did do the chior when I was in year 5. Some of the songs I can still remember. Each and every year the chior has a different theme. Tis year was on fairy tales. The songs were truly magical. But in year 5 we focused on a man named John McDouhl Stewart. I'm pretty sure that's how you spell his name. Anyway, for those of you who don't know who he was, he was the man who came to Australia and put up the first telegraph poles from South Australia, all the way up to the tippy top of This amazing continent. When he was a kid he was only 5 foot 3. by the time he was a bloke, he wasn't any taller than 5 foot 6. He was pretty short. There was a whole song based on how he quit his first job to go to sea and find Australia. And that's the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment